3/9/2008




Willie and Teddy's Excellent Adventure




Willie
and Teddy's Excellent Adventure


I don't know what "March Madness" means but I think we have it anyway.


Seems like everyone has a lot of homework these days, and Papa and Mommy are extra busy, and then there's that crazy daylight savings thing, what's that all about? I can't believe we had to do that and STILL get up on time for Hebrew school, talk about no fair.


We went to Tamis and David's for dinner (Papa's new bread recipe is going well and was a big hit) and their son Evan has loads of Legos and also a bunk bed that was very cool to jump off until a) Teddy mis-jumped and landed in a bin of legos and 2) someone ratted on us and his mom said that, um, no, that is not an OK activity in their house -- again, talk about no fair! But it was more fun than we expected, and they have cool pets: a snake who is bright orange and yellow and stands up to hit his head against the top of his cage and once he got out and hid behind the cage, and a kind of frilly bearded dragon creature that I forgot what he is but he was cool too, like some kind of fancy iguana. David said they were both surprisingly active these days because it's spring. We can't think of any reason to be more active in spring than any other time of year, can you? That is just plain silly.


Tamis also made a dessert that I (Willie) was going to refuse to eat because she said it had hazelnuts, but papa said I wouldn't be able to taste the nuts so I should try the dessert and then I decided to have a whole piece -- chocolate ganache and a cream cheese and whipped cream top, with kiwi on the top, but I took off most of the crust. We won't even say what we had for dinner, but suffice it to say that it wasn't shabbos food, except the lacia potatoes which papa brought along for the ride.


GOOD news about one piece of homework -- this was the last weekend I had to do mad minutes -- long boring repeated arithmetic drills. But papa said they had really paid off even if they were so boring, because he said I've got all those basic facts down cold. I guess that's a good thing, though it's a weird expression. Why is it sort of a compliment when a girl is "hot" but a math fact is "cold"?




Sometimes, and we mean not very often, we absolutely have to read the same Tintin book at the same time, so I (teddy) says 'all aboard.'


When do you think Willie will notice that I'm reading over his shoulder so to speak.


Hey, what's this lump of so and so on me? Can't a guy read in peace?


Siamese boys, connected at the ear.


Hey kids, check out my purim mask I made at hebrew school. I came home with a green nose too, the result of a proximity alert not going off on the green pen I was smelling at the time.


Dang, this mask is trying to rip mine ear off--oy, mine ear, mine ear!


At least it isn't trying to rip your botto off--thank goodness for small favors.





Speedy view of the remodel


Updated 3/9/2008



Copyright © 1997-2008 The Berman Brothers--Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.





Hey, click the pears picture above to check out our friend Leslie's Watercolors, and BUY THEM!!!