11/14/2010

So here's what's good: Cayenne pepper. I (Willie) can't say that Papa has been right about too many things, but cayenne pepper is one thing he was more than right about. It's good on everything--french fries, chicken nuggets, hot sausages, hamburgers. I'm trying it on everything. I was sniffing his 'rice bowl' lunch today and I said it smelled pretty good, and he gave me a taste and, whaddaya know? It was good. Kind of spicy sweet. Then he told me it had hoisin sauce in it. I always hated hoisin but I guess I have to think about it. I also tried some veggie chicken vindaloo. The fake chicken was too rubbery for me, but the vindaloo was really good. Speaking of vindaloo, we started watching Red Dwarf. It's pretty hilarious, especially some of the stuff the 'Cat' says. Teddy laughed a lot also, but will never admit it. Another thing about this vindaloo that was really crazy (and we can't figure out how Yves--the maker--got away with it. So it says on the package Vegan and O-U kosher pareve (a word which means neither meat nor milk), but on the back of the package under ingredients it says may have egg or dairy. WHAT?!? I don't think the O-U people are going to be too happy about fake pareve chicken vindaloo having dairy in it. You guys are gonna be in trouble.

Teddy had a band concert this week and his trumpet playing is getting really good--not just the random blatts but the stuff that actually sounds like music. Good going Teddy--you'll be blowing like Miles Davis any time now.

We got to see Tante boo boo for a little while tonight and she shared some origami links with me. Thanks Tante.

It was math night at middle school this last Wednesday and me and papa went to see Mr. Pounder in action, and he did not dissappoint, getting off one 'annoying child' and a couple of 'get moving son's. If you want the really inflammatory stuff he says, you'll have to contact me directly because I shouldn't post that kind of stuff on the interwebs.

_________________

 Ya ya, origami, fold, spindle, mutilate.
Mmmmmm, cayenne. More. More. More.
Just keep your hands and feet away from his mouth, and that cayenne bottle. [Ed. note: it was fun watching willie power down the Louisiana hot sausage after his two hamburgers--it was so hot I thought he wouldn't finish it, but I was wrong.]
Pay attention to me. Me, that's me in the yellow shirt. Pay attention to me. Little brother talking. Hello, cute brother over here needs attention. Att-en-shun. Yup, that's what I need. Gimme some attention. You know you want to.
 Please, I need need need need some uh-TEN-tion!
 Ha, I've escaped his clutches and can now read in peace. Finally.
Until next time anyway.

Copyright 1997-2010, The Berman Brothers, Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.