5/23/2010

Papa made some fancy dinner for friends that came over tonight, but we didn't have to eat anything but the potatoes. Why would we want to eat Copper river salmon bbqed on a piece of wood? If we wanted to eat dead animals cooked on dead trees, we'd say so. And no, we don't want any of those bbqed vegetables either. Do we look like we eat vegetables? You're darn tootin' we don't! No Rosemary bread? We're suing. We don't care for your hummous or so called magic salad either, so stop asking us if we want any--we don't. Just leave those roasted potatoes right here, and step away with your hands where we can see them.

Willie was over at a friends for a sleepover (why do they call them sleepovers when nobody gets any sleep?) so I (Teddy) got to make the waffles, serve the waffles, and eat the waffles, without any competition. It was glorious. I did still have to go hebrew school this morning, but it was my last time until some time in September--hooray!

I (Teddy) was also busy all morning and afternoon Saturday with my science fair project--Resistance is Futile, but Resistors aren't. Me and Enzo from school were working on it for a long time, with some help from Willie and Mommy. It will be a little hard for kindergarteners to understand, but that's okay--they can ask questions and we'll explain to them, or maybe introduce them to the Borg--that'll take care of those pesky kindergarteners.

Willie had his eye appointment this week and he doesn't need new glasses. Papa is secretly thinking that this is because willie has stopped growing and that is why he doesn't need new glasses, but I think papa just doesn't want willie to be taller than him, which will happen in about 5 minutes, if it hasn't happened already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who's going to help me make the waffle? Not me sez papa.

C'mon, are you sure you don't want to help me? it's gloopy and gloppy!
Who's going to help me eat the waffle? Me me me me, says papa!
Wrong--I'll eat 'em myself! Except the ones I can't finish, those Mommy gets to eat because she helped make the batter. You just stayed in bed during waffle making and expected to get some at the last minute when you came down for breakfast--I don't think so.

Copyright 1997-2010, The Berman Brothers, Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.