5/9/2010

The big underwater ROV (remotely operated vehicle) competition was this past weekend. I (Willie) was the driver of the ROV on the first task of picking up a bunch of stuff from the bottom of a swimming pool, and I did really well at it. We ended up finishing out 9th because of some tangles and twists, but we'll get em next year. My friends Alexander, Aidan, and Rhys were also on the team--Rhys' dad is an engineer and he helped us design and build the ROV. I already have some ideas for next year's model and I was drawing up sketches today and making a shopping list for the additional components we'll need.

Grandma and Grandpa went home so now we can't go up to the other house for chocolate milk and cream puffs. Oh well, we'll just have to smuggle extra sugar into our rooms to get our fixes.

I (Teddy) have been working on a science fair entry about resistors--resistance is futile--with my classmate Enzo. Today we did a bunch of research and we're almost ready to start putting our exhibit together. I think I'd like to wear a Borg costume but that might scare the 1st graders and kindergarteners too much. Too bad--they'd remember resistors better if they were terrified of them I say.

We've been reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and I say reading because we're actually listening to the audio book narrated by Stephen Fry (the guy that played Jeeves in Jeeves and Wooster). So far it's really funny, and slightly inappropriate, but it's got loads of techno-jargon and is giving me (Willie) some wicked ideas for my next space ships. It kind of turns my Star Trek universe on its ear, but that's okay, it's broadening my horizons. Ya, that's the ticket.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gimme more cream puffs. MORE cream puffs. MORE CREAM puffs. MORE CREAM PUFFS!!!! Loud enough for you?
At least we have something to look forward to next trip. Now everybody knows the way to our hearts is through cream puffs, or cream puffs is the way to our hearts, or the way our hearts will clog up is through cream puffs. Oh forget it.
Of course adding a whipped cream shell to the cream puff never hurt anybody, especially one so innocent and angelic and peaceable as me.
Hmmm, I seem to be forgetting something. Lets see, cream puff? Check. Whipped cream? Check. Chocolate sauce? Ch---WHERE the *@#* is my CHOCOLATE SAUCE? Somebody's gonna get fired for this...
Chocolate sauce? Check. That was a close one, dad. Just remember, you can be replaced. Forgot the chocolate sauce, of all the hairbrained unkempt weaselly things to do. Humph. Leave me alone so I can enjoy my cream puff, finally.

Is this thing on? Okay, and now to drive this ROV thing. Aidan was the guider and Alexander was the tether minder. Both of them were constantly shouting instructions at me, but I mostly ignored them--it was best for everybody.
It's just lucky Aidan didn't end up in the pool because that would have been instant disqualification. Now quit backseat driving and lemme concentrate for land's sake. Now I know how my parents feel when they're trying to drive.

Copyright © 1997-2010 The Berman Brothers--Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.