8/1/2010

We got home from California--it was a pretty easy ride home. We stopped in the same place we did on the way down, and we even had the same hotel room as before, except this time we switched beds. We also got to eat popcorn after we discovered that there was a microwave oven in the room. Speaking of microwaves, papa was heating up his rice bowl lunch in the microwave this afternoon and after he was finished, all the lights and the control panel in the microwave went dead. It just wouldn't do anything. So, papa, who isn't afraid of things like radiation or high voltage, took the back off the microwave with a trick to defeating security torx screws that he learned from the interwebs, and saw an envelope sitting in the guts of the oven. Hmm, said he, what's in here? It turned out to be a wiring diagram and diagnostic flowchart. Nothing happening? Bad fuse, said the flow chart. Papa took out the fuse, hooked up to the ohm meter with a battery and discovered...bad fuse, so he went up to ace hardware and bought a new fuse and put it in the microwave and voila, it's alive, it's alive and irradiating all of our food! Hooray! 3 eyed snacks for all!

Last friday Willie shipped out to camp. This has made me (Teddy) pretty lonely because mommy and papa have had a lot to do this weekend so I felt pretty left on my own. Later on sunday we had a good game of monopoly. Mommy got the orange property because papa is always saying that anybody with oranges automatically wins. He came back about 2 hours into the game and mommy was getting beaten pretty badly by me and my blue properties (Boardwalk and Park Place) and my railroads. Papa said to her "where's you're hotels?" and she said "you didn't say I had to build on them..." D'oh! She then put hotels on them and actually put up a fight for awhile, but my blues came through for me in the end.

I pretty much made the entire waffle batter myself this morning. Mommy showed me how to separate the eggs, and I measured out and mixed everything else, and even made the first batch of waffles in the iron. Then I decided that I was more interested in eating than cooking so I let my helpful minion (mother) take over.

_____________________________________

Our last day in California we finally got to see the fountains at Woodminster Amphitheater. It was built in the 1930's and is that classic WPA architecture. MAL kept telling us it is a really good fountain and he was right. This is just the top, but it waterfalls down a bunch of levels.
Next time we come here we're bringing our bathing suits--to heck with the no wading signs. What could happen?
Ahhh, home sweet home, and me in my natural environment--in front of the computer.
Hmmm, just one dollar bills left? RENT! That'll be two THOUSAND dollars. Heh heh heh!
Ahhh money money money...filthy lucre...sweet simoleons...
Arrival at camp, cue eye roll and angry face. Check. You may proceed with the picture taking.
Hey, no fair taking pictures before I was ready. Candid shots are strictly not allowed. I demand a retake!
Much better. Now everybody will have the true idea of the camp experience. Over and out, and hopefully my backpack will arrive soon...sleeping without a pillow is a drag.

Copyright 1997-2010. The Berman Boys, Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.