1/30/2011

Papa was on a working trip for a week and when he got home all heck broke loose in the downstairs bedroom. It seems he that because he happened to be in Oregon he had to go to Costco and get a new TV. He kept muttering something about having had his last TV for 23 years, but seeing as how he says he's 23, we think that he's just fixated on that number. Anyway, he got home and next thing we knew, he had emptied out the downstairs bedroom closet and he and Big Willie insulated it and rehinged one of the doors to make room for the TV. But then papa really went nuts and started putting up his Raiders and A's stuff around the room. You'd think he's making a Man-Cave or something. We're not sure how mommy is going to take to this behavior, but so far she's steered clear of the room due to football and testosterone.

We had a long weekend because there was no school friday due to the day between semesters or something like that. We went to get Willie's glasses replaced (a few too many basketballs and little brothers to the face) and visit the guys at City Produce. Mark (one of the the guys who runs City Produce) was trying to get Teddy to steal the family car to drive to middle school with next year, but Teddy didn't seem to be biting. The Mark launched in about stealing the family car to go for a spin and Papa said that his father had done that too, but he didn't have to because Uncle Michael used to give him the keys when he was 14 so he could buy Uncle Michael cigarettes and candy. This does not sound like any father we know--what's going on here? Has the world turned into crazy town?

_____________

 I (Teddy) actually beat Mommy at Scrabble. I'm still not sure how I did it, but I don't think she was taking it easy on my either.
 I didn't even have to use QUIJIBO.
 Lets see, that's a 7 letter word on a triple word score for 5000 points. It's not April yet? Okay, ignore the last sentence.
 No helping me Willie. I can handle this game myself.
 I can also handle these nacho cheese doritos myself. Me and papa decided to split a bag--not in one sitting. We asked Willie if he wanted to go in on it, but he declined. He was busy thinking about Jalapeno potato chips and spicy stuff like that.
 No I wasn't--I was thinking about iPods. Mmmm, iPods. What do you mean you can't eat them? I want my money back.

 Now, here's something I can get behind--mommy made these great chocolate chocolate chip cookies that I improved with a layer of marshmallow fluff. Then I sandwiched it and put it in the microwave til the fluff puffed.
Mmmmm, huge oreo.
 SCARF, CHOMP, MUNCH, FOLD, SPINDLE, MUTILATE!
 That was very satisfying, but messy. Don't be surprised but I'm thinking about cutting my hair. I have 12 inches of hair which I think is enough for a donation to locks for love. I'll ask Aviv this weekend that the deal is, but don't be surprised if I have less hair in the coming weeks.
So papa keeps feeling like he is getting smaller, but really it's just me getting taller. Papa measure me today and I'm up to 5' 7 and 3/4" and it doesn't look like I'm stopping yet. It's fun to look down on the little guy and rub his furry head.