2/6/2011

Today, like most people, we celebrated the national holiday of Super Bowl, which in all fairness should be renamed Super Bowls, on account of bowls of potato chips, tortilla chips, doritos, bugels, dips, ribs, chicken and all kinds of other stuff which we usually call yuck food, but somebody obviously likes although we don't know why. We enjoyed the commercials this year--a number of them were very funny, but some just didn't make any sense. The game was pretty good too. Some of us were rooting for Green Bay, one was actively rooting for the Steelers, and we (Willie and Teddy) were just rooting for more commercials. And the super bowl is also the gift that keeps on giving--we've got so many snacks left over that we'll be eating them for a good long time, we hope.

______________________________________________

 You want me to sit still for pictures? Again? What will you give me? Mmmm, chocolate.
 I want some of that action. gimme gimme gimme gimme.
 We had to decorate the house in honor of mommy's singing group's house concert. Here we see the true owner of the toaster and some of his priorities.
 Here we see some of the other priorities around this time of year--namely Super Bowl sunday with Mexican real sugar Coke! Mmmm, sugar.
 Now how could you possibly refuse such tempting beauty?
Most of us were rooting for Green Bay, but we did have Neal who is an actual old school Steelers fan complete with his terrible towel. But wait, where's Teddy?

 Ho ho, on this side of the room. Photobomb!
 Photobomb 2!!
Okay, the new TV is definitely bigger than the old one, but it doesn't fill the space completely. Mommy found some old Raiders fabric to cover up all the junk boxes that are hiding in the space behind the TV, and I (Willie) decided to 'decorate' the fabric.

 The first thing I did was I made a guide to the game for above the TV, but that really wasn't far enough.
 So I rededicated papas old football and baseball pennants with modern up to date teams rather than his old moldy teams.
You can see my prescience in my labeling of this pennant--I crowned Green Bay champions a full 3 hours BEFORE game time.
Oh dear, I missed a spot with that license plate frame, but in general I did a really good job at covering all the raider logos with steeler ones.