3/10/2013

Daylight savings time switch-overs just bite. So, here's two versions of why.

Teddy: so papa comes into my room at 7:45am, ON A SUNDAY, and says move in out a bed and get dressed and get some breakfast and brush your teeth we gotta go soon, BUT IT'S SUNDAY AT 7:45! Except it isn't--it's 8:45. Nuts.

Willie: so mommy comes in and gently suggests that I get up and get my day rolling because it's 9, but my clock says 8, and my internal clock is closed up shop-good night everybody, so I get up at about 11 and have breakfast, and lunch at about 3, and then, oh crap, gotta get down to the TV by 7 to watch that home videos show then papa comes in and says this must mean that you've finished all your homework--crap. Back upstairs, no funny home videos. Dinner at 8 and back to homework, and I'm not even close to tired and it's now 9--looks like I won't be asleep before midnight, or one.

On the plus side, papa fed Tzachi smoked ribs for T's birthday lunch on Monday, and 3 guesses who got the leftovers and the first two don't count--that would be me and Teddy. They were good--smokey, meaty, delicious. We want more meat--we want more bones.

_________________

Just look at the smoke ring on this thing--don't take too long because soon it will be IN MY BELLY!
I'm more of mommy's kid, because touching the bones weirds me out--I know why they're called ribs, and I don't have to like it, but the meat is good.
 Now stop taking pictures of me--I won't smile, I won't smile, I will not smile...
 You...can't...make...me...smile...(off camera--papa making goofy noises and faces)
CRAP!!! He did it--the first truly great picture of me in I don't know how long--darn cell phone cameras--they are always there when you least expect them. Go back to film where you didn't know what you were going to get until three months later when they came back from the developer guy.
Dinner at home, and same old-same old, we're reading and some guy is assaulting us with the camera.

Shoo--scat--scram--be off or I'll take a stick to ye!
I hear there's sausage in the fridge (off camera--spin, dash, clatter clatter, rummage, rip, gnaw). Just gotta know the right buttons. Get on with your week now. Nothing more to see here.

Copyright 1997-2013, The Berman Brothers, Willie and Teddy. All rights reserved.