4/3/2011

Bring on the pudding tests! We're scientifically testing what will be our favorite pudding. Well, I (Willie) already know that homemade pudding made from cocoa and half&half is my favorite, but I've been told that isn't an option, so here we go. Will it be regular homemade (cocoa, milk, sugar and cornstarch)? Will it be store bought that you have to cook? Store bought that is an instant mix (mix together from cold ingredients) or pre-made in the plastic cups. So far, we basically like the homemade stuff best and pre-made store bought at room temp was the worst, with the cooked stuff coming in second. We'll try the instant stuff soon and let you know how it goes.

It's been a week of big changes. Teddy got a huge weight off his shoulders, and Willie chose a High School [Editor's note: High School! How can I have a child in High School?] Also, Grandma and Grandpa showed up, but then they vamoosed up to B'ham and Port T to see the tantes.

________________________________

 So you may remember this sweater from its disassembled self last week, but that was so last week. Voila, the pattern and yarn that haunted Mommy for the better part of her adult life have been magically transformed. Now back to making her signature hats.
Speaking of long stringy stuff, what am I going to do with all this hair?
 Hey, quit pulling on it.
 Wednesday I had my first haircut in 2 and 1/2 years. Because I had over 10 inches of length, I could donate it to "Locks for Love" which makes wigs out of donated hair for cancer patients who loose their hair.
 This is Cherie who did all the prep and washing and braiding and cutting and cutting and cutting.
 Surprisingly for me, it was not painful, and actually pretty fun.

 Okay already, I'm ready to go. Just take it all off.
 This is not what I meant by take it all off.
 That's more like it. Don't cut off my ear with that thing.
 Mugshot time
1/4 turn.
 Side view.
 Former head view.
 Early (the bird) must think he's next and is protecting what little he has on his head. Message to bird: you've got no hair so loose the helmet. Bird brain.
 Speaking of bird brains, look what I dug up. Careful Teddy or you'll get an ear full of trumpet spit.
Maybe I should play the trumpet now that I've discovered botox. Don't I look lovely?